From:
Lorina Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 13:53:31 -0700
Well, I wanted to make it watertight (ferret-tight?) before releasing it,
but it looks like the need is too great.  So.....

ANNOUNCING A FUZZY ADOPTION CLEARINGHOUSE DATABASE!

Try the following URL:

http://www.chemistry.ucsc.edu/Projects/fuzzy/fuzzy.html

Yes, I know there are no cute graphics or anything.  It's an adaption of a
work project.  If you have comments for improvement, let me know.  In the
meantime, start using it.  It's not completely slick, but I think it meets
most needs.

Since I am in a FFZ (maybe not after 14 May?, please!!!!), I could use
someone else hosting this database eventually.  Requirements would be: Unix
system (uses dbm for database), webmaster access (runs as a cgi, so if you
aren't webmaster, you need cgi access), probably a bit of storage, since
this type of database only grows in size (closed/deleted entries don't
_really_ go away, they just become invisible).

Anyway, try it out.  I hope it meets the ferret owners desire to connect for
fuzzy adoption.  I certainly would have looked at something like this before
my last adoption if it had been available.

LP-I'm just a computer geek who loves fuzzies
EP-How did you talk me into all these guys?
Aloyius, Aubrey, Beta, and Tinker- where's the raisins, huh?,
Mom, we want out of this cage, don't scare me like that, sneaking up on me.