From:
Red Wing Fan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:19:04 -0400
First I want to say thanks to everyone that e-mailed me with advice about
my Sasha and how to deal with her insulinoma.  She was doing much better,
no episodes and she seemed to be her old self again.  She had gone back
to eating some of her regular food but was still eating lots of the baby
food and boy did she love that stuff.  Last night she had another attack,
but this one was different from the rest.  I called the vet and rushed
her right up.

She gave her warm fluids with more pred and dextrose and it seemed to be
working, but then I noticed that her breathing had become more labored, I
think a part of me knew right then that this was the end, so my doctor
took her back to give her some oxygen.  A few minutes passed and she
hadn't come back yet so I went looking for her.  She said once she
inserted the tube into her throat it filled with fluid, so her lungs were
full of fluid.  At that point I told her to pull out the tube and let her
go, it was hard to say it but I knew it was the right thing to do.  So
she died with my doctor and I petting her and talking to her.  I cried,
the vet cried, we all cried.  I miss her so much and of coarse I keep
questioning myself and wondering if I did something wrong or if I could
of done anything more for her.  My vet told me that I did everything
right and did everything possible to help her, but it doesn't stop the
questions that run through your mind.

I apologize to those that I didn't get a chance to e-mail back, but
please know that I took everyones advice to heart and greatly appreciated
all the help that people were so willing to give.

Chris