From:
Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:15:20 -0400
>From:    Hellbound <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: discipline
>when she is bad she gets squirted with a spray bottle... so far it works
>but does anyone know of a reason not to do this?         Larry

Rascal (1 lb white ball of mischief and chaos) LOVES to dig (among other bad
habits!).  I used a spray bottle to squirt her for a while.  Here is the
usual scenario...

<Rascal>  Look at Dad (two black eyes in a sea of white) then commence
digging -- you may select a target from the following list ... house plants,
carpet, clean towels , couch cushions, couch pillows, first shelf of Dad's
bookshelf of paperbacks, magazine rack, etc.  Stop.  Look at Dad again, then
commence digging.

<Dad>  "Rascal, stop digging"  SQUIRT

<Rascal> War dances, licks water off of fur (usually at the same time ...
pretty funny sight!) and looks at Dad as if to say "Some people have a lot
of nerve!"

Repeat this procedure 3-4 more times and she MIGHT get the idea that I don't
want her to dig (at least for the moment).  It does guarantee one thing
though ... that I will have one VERY WET ferret!

Marc Wilson and the Tres Amigos
Bandit:  "Hey guys, this cat food is pretty tasty!"  [munch, munch, munch]
Slinky:  "Quit tickling my tummy, Dad!"
Rascal:  [sputter, sputter, sputter]  "OK, Dad's onto that little bit of
mischief.  What can I do now?  Wait!  I see a cup of water on the coffee
table!  hehehe..."