Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:23:13 EDT
I bought him for my son when we visited a pet store one afternoon.  Now that
I am more familiar with ferrets I can tell you Oscar was abused.  He was six
months old when we brought him to live with us, he had spent the first six
months of his life in a small wire cage with no toys, no hammock and alot of
poop.  So to say the least when we let him loose in our home he was ready to
take on anything.

I have a long haired dachshund (six yrs.  old), a silver yorkie (three) and
a schnauzer(five).  They had never seen a ferret and were curious but
learned fast that Oscar had moved in our house and planned to be the boss.
He circled each dog smelling there ears, hissing with his back arched,
running under the chairs and couches.  I have very smart dogs so it took no
time for Oscar to train them.  Oscar now grabs Chelsea, the yorkie, by the
neck and holds on while Chelsea rides Oscar around the house like a horse.
It is so cute, I have a video we plan to send in to America's Funniest
Videos.

Now they sleep together, eat together, play outside ( Oscar chasing them).
The dachshaund will run off other animals if she feels Oscar might be in
danger.

Just thought I would share with you this morning.  I have learned so much
from the FML.  When I brought Oscar home I knew nothing about ferrets, with
FML and the help recently of a good vet I feel more comfortable in my care
of Oscar.

Thanks for all your help,

Carol, Oscar and his sidekicks Bella, Chelsea and Beemer