From:
Jackie Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 00:01:20 -0800
A few of you may be wondering what's up with the cookbook that we expected
to have out this month...it's still being put together!  With everyone's
schedules, holidays, the flu, etc.  it's just delayed a bit.  We have some
wonderful recipes including some for the ferrets!  I'd like to thank
everyone for sending in your favorites and especially thank Linda Gaylord
(The Stationery Ferret) and Shannon Lentz for the wonderful drawings!
You're going to love them!!  If anyone has soemthing they would like to add,
there's still time.  Especially poems or stories...

The latest delay is we are selling advertising for the back of the book.  If
anyone is interested in an ad, just contact me for info.  The deadline is
Feb. 28th and rates are very reasonable.

A brief update on the shelter - we found homes for quite a few prior to the
end of the year, thankfully, and haven't had as many rescues.  We do have
ece again, but it doesn't seem to be as severe as last year.  Some of the
ones that had it before now have it again.  There's been discussions on
whether young ferrets should be exposed to ece.  In my experience last year,
one of my guys was less than a year and one just over a year, with the
others being over two.  They were all VERY sick and I'm not sure they ever
recover 100%.  They tire more quickly and we still get green poop about once
a week or so...think very carefully before exposing your little one...you
just never know how they are going to react and it's such a strain on their
little bodies.

We've had several fund raising projects, a couple of garage sales with club
members making specialized ferret related items, we have a raffle going on
with some nice prizes, 20" TV/VCR, Cannon Camera and a Sony Boombox amd
we're having a Walk-A-Thon March 1st in the Ft.  Lauderdale area.  Please
join us if you're in So.  Fl..

But...we still have little ones with problems and we're always looking for
ideas to raise funds!  Does anyone have new ideas?  Be sure to stop by our
web site to see our shelter and visit some of our permanent residents and
see some of our members fuzies!
http://www.bridge.net/~mjanke

We wish all of you and your little fuzzies the very best of health and
happiness for 1997 and always!!!
Jackie hawley
South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue, Inc.