From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 15:17:25 -0400
>From:    Dan Kinney <[log in to unmask]>
>2.  For blase ferrets: place several in large trash bag.  Stick your
>head and jump around like a moron yelling Help!  Help!  Ferret in the
>bag!  This has been known to pull my ferrets from existential despair
>into dance marathon mode.

this made me crack up, because it's similar to the way we play with our
ferrets.  Another of our favorite games involves snatching a ferret,
stretching it out, and rolling it up in one of the (constantly present)
towels while we yell, "Ferret burrito!  Oh no!  Ferret burrito!" Sometimes
we unroll the towel, sending the ferret tumbling out onto the carpet.
They're simply overjoyed with this (although you have to move fast, as they
de-burrito themselves quickly) and regularly jump back onto the towel for
more.

But yes, i suspect we were put under psychiatric surveillance during these
games, we'd all be committed. *grin*

>3. Semi-truck: with ferret's back on carpet, sort of drive him around
>like a toy truck, making truck noises if you are not too proud.  Note:
>some ferrets love this, some don't like it a bit.

Same thing, except on hardwood floors, you can easily slide ferrets on their
back across a slippery floor.  sometimes we 'blender' them by flopping them
onto their sides, putting a finger against their chest and twirling them
around.  Some like this more than others; all are occasionally in a mood for
it.  Note: nothing is cuter than a winter ferret war dancing around with
staticky fur, so try the carpet trick.

>Also, I think this is fairly well known, but plastic dryer hoses
>(tubes?)  make a great toy, cheaper and more flexible than the pricey
>tube/maze toys in pet stores.

Easel eats dryer hose. *sigh* Any good suggestions for replacements?

Melissa