From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 1994 10:39:50 -0400
I just joined this list and have an urgent problem.

I have a 6 year old albino, Vanilla, who has been a great friend and
companion.  She has her own personality (doesn't bite, ok with litter,
very independent, etc.).

Recently, she's started losing her hair.  I panicked and took her to the
vet and they performed all sorts of tests.  She's fine (no tumors or
cancer or anything like that...).

She has been very lethargic and doesn't play too much.  She does steal
cigarette packs if my fiance leaves them about.  She's eatting ok and the
other end is fine, too.

Question: we just got a puppy about 4 weeks ago.  This is about the time
her hair started falling out/thining.  Has anyone experienced this
before?  Is she just getting old (I still believe she has 10 more years
left) or is she allergic to the dog?  Better yet, could she just be
nervous because of the new family member?

Any advise or comments, please email me at [log in to unmask]

P.S.  She can't be too old because she's already  kicking the Dalmatian
pup's butt...