Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:43:47 +1000
>My question is now this...
>Will regular and long exposure to Florescent lights help with the issue
>of Natural lighting in ferrets??

hi Meredith,

I believe there is no replacement for real sunlight.

Humans have been pretty unsuccessful at "recreating" anything natural -
light, food, even with all the research & money that has gone into it, we
still can't create a baby formula that is equal to natural breast milk.

You can buy full-spectrum lights, which I suppose are a step up from
regular globes, but in my opinion, there is no replacement for the real
thing :)

Full-spectrum globes are mentioned in relation to treating S.A.D.,
although other sources say they don't help.

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/cmenuitem_12.htm#SAD
http://www.outsidein.co.uk/res_full.htm

Allowing your ferrets access to real non-manufactured light is probably
the best way to go - plus going for a walk, or even better having a
ferret-proofed outdoor area, can be so enjoyable for you and the ferrets!

shona