From:
RWorthing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:40:29 -0400
>WC (anon poster) said:
>I think it is a little silly to be thinking about animals and sending
>bedding.  Shouldn't we be helping the pet owners first?  Seems to me a
>human life should have a bit more value then an animal's life.  Don't
>get me wrong, I love my animals and would do anything in my power to
>save them.  But their are alot of humans that are suffering and that
>need our help also, consider helping them also.

I'm sure my response to this will raise some ire but here's my take on
it... (and flame me if you must!)

The animals are at the mercy of whatever fate throws their way as time
passes.  The people had plenty of warning to evacuate (and take their
animals with them).  Those did not evacuate DID include the elderly who
had no little or no means of evacuation and they should be rescued.  As
for the people who CHOSE to stay behind, let them stay there!  To hell
with them!  Let them live with *their* choice but the ferrets, cats,
dogs, guinea pigs, etc., who *had no choice* are worthy of saving.  They
did not have the choice to stay or not.  Animals, given the opportunity,
will always fight to survive.  When a fire break out, the animals FLEE
for their lives!!  They do not foolishly "stand their ground" in the face
of disaster.  Only humans think they are invincible in the face of death.

It breaks my heart that ferrets may be trapped in cages, in withering
heat, without food or water.  It kills me that cats and dogs are stranded
on rooftops and porches, left to starve and bake in the heat and suffer
the pain of dehydration.... the rescue boats drive past these helpless
animals in search of more people who only say, "No, I ain't goin'
nowhere, nohow!  Leave us be, man!  We be fine!" Uh-huh.

The SMART people are the ones who left early.  Survival of the fittest...
and smartest.  These are the kinds of people that mankind NEEDS to
procreate.  As for the asses that stayed behind or were raping 7 year
old girls, shooting at rescuers, killing, and looting for NON-essential
things, leave them there to kill *eachother*.  Good riddance.  America
is full enough of low life trash.

SAVE THE ANIMALS!  Every last one of tehm.  They are innocent,
vulnerable, and dependent.  All of my donations to the relief efforts
are intended for the ferrets, the cats, the dogs, the guinea pigs,
rabbits, hamsters, rats, ......

Renee (notice how I am not afraid to sign my name?!)