From:
MS DEBBIE A FEDAS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 10:00:06 -0500
I 'm not new to the list.  I 've beenjust lurking for about a year now, and
I just had to tell you how must I have enjoyed the list.  It has been very
informative and I love the ferret stories.  I have 6 little fuzzie girls,
Snowy, Skittles, Bandit, Thelma, Louise, and Rascal.  Snowy is my first that
I bought 4+years ago.She is a red eye white and she is just the sweetest
ferret.  My daughter has always rode her around in her baby carrige and even
though she's out grown her dolls, she still takes Snowy for a ride and Snowy
still enjoys it.  Skittles was a give away.  My sister found her at an Agway
and called and asked me if I like another one.  Of course I said yes.  She
had some bahavioral problems when we got her, so that is probably why the
person who had her were giving her away.  She use to bite feet really bad
and she would poop anywhere she happen to be.  I been able to break her of
her biting and she has a 98%hit rate now.  She is very sweet and loves to
give kisses.  She is also a red eyed white.  Bandit is a very dark sable who
is now 3years old.  One of my older sons bought me her for a Christmas
present a year after I got Skittles, and she IS a bandit!  She is also very
sweet and kissy pooh.  Thelma and Louise came from a friend of my other sons
who really loved her ferrets and took very good care of them except she
didn't have the time to let them out to play, and they had to stay in very
dark room all day.  She felt so bad for them so she ask me to take them.  At
the time I was looking for another , so of course I said yes.  They were a
little unweight and the coats were a little course, but with lots of care
and better food,( she was feeding them Kay-Tee, I feed them Iams) they have
put on weight and their coats are soooo soft now.  They were really wild
when I got them and you could'nt hold them for more than a few seconds.
They are much better now and follow me every where!  Rascal came from my son
and his girlfriend who moved into and apartment that does'nt allow pets so
I've adopted her too.  She's friendly but she has a bad habit of biting feet
or arms very hard!  We're working on it!  She's getting better.  Well that's
my crew, plus 4 kids, 2 at home, 3 cats and 3 birds.

I had to finally write to introduce myself and my kids and let you know how
much I 've enjoyed the list and to tell everyone who has sick ferrets or
have lost ferrets to sickness how I'VE CRIED over their losses and how I've
prayed for them.  Sorry this is so long.  When I post again I'll make it
shorter I promise!

Give all your fuzzies a kiss.
                                                               Deb
and her crazy crew