From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:45:09 -0800
First off, Thank you soooo much to everyone that had kind words of
encouragement about the un-educated people at work.

Noodles came home today, and the first thing I noticed was that her chest
was thinner.

Dr did a needle test, and she believes that the liver has a fluid-filled
cyst.  She drained about 3cc's of a yellow clear liquid (hardly if any
protein in it)from her liver.  She said she could do the surgery, but
there's no knowing exactally what it is, and whether she'll get through
the surgery, and there's no guarantee that she can get all of the right
adrenal, and since she's already had a surgery that it was a lot of
stress on her.  She estimated that it would cost 350-450 for the surgery
and all the bells and whistles.  Another option was that Noodles could
be put on Lupron shots.  We're not sure exactally how old Noodles is...
I was told she's about 2.5 but we're suspecting she's about 4, so maybe
the lupron shot would be best for her... All I want to do is stop her
ITCHING!!!  Then just make her comfortable for as long as possible.  If
the liver starts giving her problems, then we'll worry about that later.
Her glucose was normal, all her liver is functioning like nothing's
wrong.  So I'm keeping a hawk eye on her from now on.

Just a question...what are signs of liver failure?  so I know what to
look for?

thank you so much everyone!

  ---------------
The halloween hammock exchange was a mid-success...There were about 3
people who did not send out bedding...those people PLEASE get in contact
with me...otherwise I'm going to have to look the hard way and you will
not be able to participate in future swaps...plus I need to get the names
so I can start sewing bedding YOU were supposed to send out...I know one
person was unable due to having open heart surgery...that's
understandable.

thank you!!

  ---------------
Kokie is going to need extensive therapy after this Halloween...I'm
dressing him up as a drag queen.  He will be modeling a sequin dress with
included ribbons.  I will try to get a good picture and post it <rbg>

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_