From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:34:50 -0700
I wanted to quickly address the idea presented in yesterdays FML that
feeding animals raw meat contributes to aggressive behavior.

There is absolutely no documented evidence that feeding raw meat contributes
in any way to aggressive behavior in dogs, cats or ferrets.  I spent some
time last winter researching alternative pet diets for the last great mouse
diet debate and found no evidence to support this claim.  Anecdotal evidence
(if you can call this evidence) weighs in on the side of raw meat diets
having no affect on behavior (other than positive effects one would expect
from a high quality diet).

Many dog enthusiasts feed their animals raw meat diets.  My manager at work
breeds Gordon Setters and he only uses a home made raw meat based food,
and his dogs are as sweet as can be.  Yes, this is an example of anecdotal
evidence and doesn't prove a thing (other than how using it doesn't aid in
any argument), but it serves as a counterpoint to the "pit bull breeders
feed raw meat" point made in the other post.

Leonard Bottleman       [log in to unmask]