From:
FML anonymous posts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 00:04:46 -0400
As far as cats - just watch and see what happens and be ready in case
something does happen. Also - all cats can act different in different
situations/times. We have some that can't be left alone with just a
singular (paralyzed) ferret, or slow/weak ferrets, because they'll get
bopped on the head or "chased" when left alone (or, right in front of
us).

Meanwhile if all fuzzies are out, we have little problems. Seems to be
our cats don't do this and are more aloof/aware when there's a bunch
out vs. just one or a few.

Your cat might also like to play with them. I have had when a fuzzy
wanted to "snuggle" or get close to a cat, the cat usually will go
away. Sometimes one of mine will just put his paw on the ferret's head
and push it down gently to the carpet, saying "go away". If that
doesn't work, the cat will run away. If the ferret has already ran up
and is biting them (playing), then one of my cats does sometimes grab
them like a toy and kick with the back legs, though this is very rare.
Usually, he runs away.

Another cat grew up with kittens much smaller than him and he wrestles
with another ferret, who likes to snuggle up and then bite the cat on
the face/throat really hard. You'll hear the cat start meowing for him
to let go, then when he does get let go, he'll grab the ferret by the
throat and respond in kind. The only problem is when he wants to bring
the ferret elsewhere, I don't let him do that, no matter how gentle he
is being. Obviously, the ferret is letting him do this. They take
turns. After the biting the cat grooms the ferret until he bites the
cat again and the cycle continues. I do watch them because either of
them can get carried away - my cat has had lots of scars on his
lips/chin from the playing. Meanwhile, the ferret has no marks LOL...

I have found 2 times when ferrets had claw marks on their backs - I
believe I know which cat did it, and now he is carefully watched and
told to stay away from them. He did the kicking thing before running
away, and it hasn't happened again in years, but I still watch. It
only takes a bad day for a ferret to get clawed up.

[MS]