From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:51:59 -0600
Bill and Diane - Thanks for the advice, but Boomer is descented FOR SURE.
We had him checked by the vet before we bought him.  So, unless he had some
mondo scent glands, I guess he's just stinky.  And BTW, Marti, my husband
blames it on Boomer, too!  Boomer tends to have intestinal irregularities
quite a bit due to his tendenct to eat (or at least taste) everything he
comes across.  Yesterday he marked the front door as his territory (again),
and I found bits of styrofoam in his pooty.  Now, I know they *love*
styrofoam, so we never have it in the house.  I can't even guess where he
got it.  I looked, but I couldn't find any anywhere around.  Aaargh.  Dean
thinks Boomer must be part goat - he caught him eating toilet paper once.

Playing dead - A few people have asked how we taught Bongo to do this, so
I'll just post it.  First of all, you must be VERY patient.  The only thing
Bongo likes for a treat besides Linatone is raisins, so it took a long time
until she caught on, since I didn't want to give her too many at a time.  :)
All I did was point my finger at her, say "Bang" and then push her over on
her side.  After doing it a couple of times, I gave her the raisin while she
was still lying down, so she caught on that she only got the treat if she
was lying down.  She added the legs sticking up thing on her own.
Unfortunately, she's a shameless beggar, so now she "dies" every time she
sees us walk into the kitchen.

Tanya ("Bongo, I shot you twice today, now that's enough!")
Bongo ("Hey -flop- since you're -flop- in the kitchen anyway -flop-...")
Boomer ("How come when I flop on the floor, I'm in the way?")