From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 08:16:52 -0700
Hello!
I was wondering if any one has ever expanded or added to their cage.  I
would appreciate any advice or ideas.

The cage we have now is from Martins Cages and is called the Ferret
Townhouse.  It is 36" x 30" x 60",

it's pretty good sized, but we now have 9 ferrets in the family and we
would like something bigger.  Space is a problem.  At first I was going
to try to add to the top level (which upon further consideration, might
not be a good idea, since I'm short and can only reach it with a stool)
So next I though about having something custom built with a tunnel and
putting it either on the top of the dresser next to the cage or to the
right of the cage and connect to the bottom level.  If we add to the
right it would have to be exact dimensions due to the fact it would sit
on a shelf, which is about 2 feet long.  But I'm worried about cleaning
it, being so bulky.

So, if any one has any help, advice, suggestions or stories to share with
me and the ferts, it be would greatly appreciated it.

Thanks!

Suzi &
Da' ferts: Cheech, Chong, Goose, Mookie, Ruby, Chumley-Chew and Scrappy
Doo and The two new babies- Lu Lu Bell & Boo Boo Bear (who are getting
pretty darn big by now!!)

P.S  Ideally I would like to have constant free roam for the little ones,
but due to the fact of other animals in the house and sometimes not being
able to supervise 24 hours due to work schedule.  A bigger cage might be
nicer for them when they have to be in it.  I don't want anyone stressed
out becuase of overcrowding.

No matter how I ferret proof, they always find something to get in
trouble with!!!!