From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 19:22:59 -0400
Thanks for the reassurances.

I'm pretty sure it's just some massive shedding, but it sure was weird.  We
had him out at a local park.  After he spent some time crawling around on
my shoulders and chest I noticed a lot more fur than usual on my shirt,
and grabbed a pinch to see if it was coming out.  I got a huge clump
(comparatively speaking), so I kept plucking.  Stash ended up looking like
a squirrel-tailed lion, with nothing but a crew-cut left on his back.  Full
mane over the shoulders still there.  The ground was almost white (he's a
DEW), and people passing later must have thought a something had been hunted
down and eaten there...

Our other ferrets have all shed from time-to-time, but nothing like this,
so I was a bit concerned.

<-------Stan Siatkowski------<<<        Stan & Terrie in Toronto with
<---Toronto Archery Supply---<<<      Cecil, Psycho, Cocoa, Stash & Gromit