Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:50:47 -0500
Hello & Fuzzy Hugs to all the fur kids out there,

I post here occasionally (e.g.the great kitten disaster) and follow daily.
I currently have a dilemna that needs resolution immediately.  I hope
perhaps some of you can help.  Please be patient while this story unfolds.

Even though we love all our children equally, we all have that one special
fur kid that takes up a little extra room in your heart.  In my case, it
is my ferret, Charles.  I adopted him from a shelter on Long Island, along
with his blind brother, Dash.  They were rescued from that fur farm in
Iowa who's name escapes me at the moment.  Charles & Dash became part of
my family two years ago.  Charles was a biter.  He still nips occasionally
when you try to take something away from him that he KNOWS is his (this
includes the potty I clean daily).  It's just a fact of life, he doesn't
like his stuff messed with.  I don't either.  Otherwise, he is my love-bug
lap ferret.  He will snuggle up to me any time of day or nite, under any
circumstances and sigh in my ear.  He established his "alpha-ness" with
the other 4 fur kids immediately and earned the name, rightfully so, as
"Charles in Charge".  But I know his dirty little secret, that he's really
a marshmallow inside.

I have no idea how old Charles is, but estimate him to be about 4 years
old, max.  In the last month, Charles has developed a swollen belly, which
is warm to touch and gives his belly a tinge of blue (I think he's referred
to as a champagne roan).  He never had good fur, always a little wiry (I
guess this is why he was a fur farm reject).  Here is a picture where you
can see how swollen his belly is.
http://www.studiodee.com/ferret/charles.jpg .

He has become lethargic, although he eats, poops normally and has his
moments of activity.  He tries to sleep apart from his cage mates.  And
he started with the "dry heaves" last nite for a little while.  I snuggled
him till it stopped.  Last nite, as a test, I gave him the tiniest taste of
cream filling from a cookie, and about 15 minutes later, he became a normal
ferret for a time.  He began playing with the ball, rolling it around on
his chest, pulling it into him, etc.  Not extremely active, but a little
better.  Charles also has to lay on his side, with his feet straight,
because his belly is so swollen.  I am worried SICK about him, and have
been crying the last few days because of....

NOW, THE DILEMNA.... normally, being a web designer, my fur kids want for
NOTHING.  They get Totally Ferret food, 2 huge bags of new toys, constant
love and affection, all the time out they want because I work from home.
Recently, I finished school and took, what I thought was a very good job
in another state.  I blew my entire nest egg moving there and settling in.
But I figured the money would come back soon enough.  Well, as it turns
out, the company wasn't as viable as they let on, and as it turns out, I
am now forced to sue them for 7 weeks back pay.

As a result, I was forced to move further south, to Pennsylvania, where
things were less expensive, rather than move back to my home on Long
Island, where it is very expensive.  I am JUST now starting to regroup
and now Charles gets sick.  It seems VERY sick.

NOW MY PROPOSAL:
I am prepared to design a website of comparable value to anyone who is
willing to assist me in the charges that will be incurred at the vet for
Charles.  He needs an xray for starters, but I won't have that money for
a couple of weeks.  It seems he needs treatment now.

If you wish to see a sample of my work here is my domain:
http://www.studiodee.com
and one site I've worked on was even featured on Oprah
http://www.blissworld.com
so I can promise you won't get a half-baked job.

I will get an estimate of his treatment costs ASAP, but immediately he
needs the cost of an office visit and an xray, which will run about
$75-$100.

I am NOT hawking my wares, nor am I running a beg-a-thon.  I am a proud
person, and am offering to barter my most valuable asset, my web design
skills.  Please help, please answer me via email at the above address.
Thank you for your time in reading this.  Sorry So Long.

Warmest Regards, Dee, Mooch, 'Spresso, Breezely Bruin, Charles, Dash,
Vera, Will & Kristos.