From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 09:06:17 -0500
GatorMail-Q                   Re- Flip'n Fleas!

The most effective way to get rid of fleas is to buy a couple flea bombs and
bomb your house. Pick a time when you, your fuzzy and all other live animal
material can leave the house for at least 24 hours. (Now is a good time for a
holiday visit to friends or family. :-))

A less toxic/dangerous method is vacuum all carpets daily with a good vacuum
cleaner. (The reason Stinky keeps getting reinfected is that the fleas lay
eggs in the carpet, upholstery, etc.)

Also put out flea traps at night. You can make your own flea trap by filling
a shallow bowl with water and shining a light in it. The fleas are attracted
by the warmth and humidity, jump in and drown. This works best if your ferret
is caged at night, so he can't spill the water. :-) Repeat nightly until no
more fleas are found. It may take a while since flea eggs can take a while to
hatch.

We used this last method to get rid of fleas when we had a major infestation
after first bringing Belle home as a baby. It worked fine, and we felt very
"green."

Good luck!

Linda, Richard, Joy and Belle