From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:51:13 -0400
My 4 month old hob, Gator just came home from the hospital.  He had
diarrhea for a few weeks.  He was on a couple of different medications,
the just Amoxi.  That didn't help so he was put on Amoxi, Pepto Bismo, &
Metronidazole.  After a week he still wasn't better.  He had lost weight &
by now was getting lethargic a little bit.  He was still eating & drinking
good.  In fact it seemed like he was eating a lot more than the others.

He had barium X-rays yesterday & everything was ok.  On his blood test it
showed his white cell count was a little low, but not bad.  I'm sorry but I
don't have the paper work so can't give numbers.  In fact I'm not even sure
what tests were run today because I wasn't the one that picked him up.  I
am told that he has Lymphocytes in his blood.  The only way to tell for
sure if he has Lymphoma is to operate & do a biopsy.  Now he is only 4
months old.  My question is, how likely is it that he would have it?
Could it be something else & if so what?  I was just told that he also has
bacteria in his blood, but it wasn't written down on anything what kind of
bacteria it is & Joey can't remember, just that it was a really long name &
hard to pronounce.  Sorry.  All the kits are together most of the time.

His full brother is the same age & is in good health, with no visible
problems.  There are also 2 other kits but they are Marshall Farms boys, &
they all are the same age maybe with a week difference.  They all were
started on Bob's Chicken Mess young & get that plus a mix of several kinds
of ferret food.  I haven't seen it yet but was told that today his poopies
are firm & to put him back on the triple medication.

Any & all thoughts are appreciated with many thanks in advance because it
is hard to see Gator now so much smaller than his brother & almost smaller
than one if the other kits, when he had been doing so well.

Lynn & the Fourteen Fuzzies.