From:
Angela Huser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:31:38 -0600
Dave,

It could be that your weezil is producing more oil, and it shows up on
the fur.  That is pretty common in DEW (as far as I know).  I have 8
ferrets, and one is a DEW, and 2 are silvers.  Our biggest silver has
yellow stripe down his back, and under his throat.  My DEW doesn't have
yellow at all.  (go figure) Each one produces it's own amount of oil and
at different times, just like humans.  Our silver seems to get more
yellow when he is getting his winter coat, as his body is adjusting to
changes.  He will lose it when he sheds in the spring.  it is bizarre how
all of that works.  You don't notice his yellow until he gets outside or
in florescent lighting!  Then it REALLY shows up!  I wouldn't be too
concerned.  If you give him a bath, it is likely it may show up even
more, as he would need to replenish the lost oils.  If you can handle the
color, it may fade when it is time to shed.  There are whitening shampoos
out there, like at ferretstore.com, but I don't know if they work or not.
As for food, I don't think that really should affect them too much.  If
you can find ferret food (Totally Ferret, Ultimate 8 & 1, etc.) you might
want to try that too.  It might also be better for them.  But, that is
just a personal opinion.  I have a food comparison chart if you would
like one that compares all different kinds of food!  It is pretty handy,
and I have sent it to LOTS of people!

Thanks!

Angela Huser ( [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> )
(I sent this from my work e-mail)