From:
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:48:28 +0000
I haven't posted in awhile, not since Rocky Ripple passed. So many
of you were wonderful with emails and things to cheer me up (special
thanks to Rose, Libby & Maren)....

Today I had the opportunity to watch the Pets 101 on Animal Planet that
has a segment on ferrets.

In several scenes I had to smile and cry at the same time.

One of the ferrets is originally from my shelter, South Shore Ferret
Care !!!

Zena (now known as Zinnia) was a "throw away" young ferret under age 1
that some folks bought from the pet store and "didn't want any more".
She's gone from our shelter to National TV.

Additionally Tuesday, is also in the segment and she was adopted from
Massachusetts Ferret Friends. She too has an interesting story. She was
in a local pet store with an enlarged abdomen. When local ferret club
members inquired about her, they were told "she has worms" and that
their vet would be in to check on her. When we followed up, the vet
had not seen her and it took an avid ferret gal to actually purchase
her from the store "as is". Once she made it to the shelter vet, it was
determined that it was her kidney that was engorged from a botched spay
of which they tied off the kidney.

The third ferret hopping up and down the stairs is a white ferret named
Whiskey, all three now owned by Mark & Jody who appear in the segment
is a ferret in our deslorin study, with South Shore Ferret Care and
Randolph Animal Hospital, Dr. Susan Harrington is our awesome shelter
vet.

I don't need a thing for myself for Christmas, my joy comes from
the ferrets. And these three are spending Christmas at my house
while Mark & Jody are away.

Diane - South Shore Ferret Care