Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 23:34:49 EDT
Many thanks for all the info on kibbles you are feeding your ferrets that
have chicken or turkey as the main ingredient.

As a thankyou--I have discovered something relatively new: Royal Canine
Feline Nutrition for kittens is available at at Petco.  Buy a 7 pound bag
and get a 3.5 bag FREE.

Our obligate carnivores can have chicken as the first ingredient-meaning
that it is the heaviest by weight.  [ Keep in mind that chicken will have
water in it making it heavier.  ]  Rice flour is the second ingredient.Then
comes chicken meal, corn flour, fat preserved with tocopherols, poultry
meal, bla bla bla, vitamins,etc.  Go to Petco-check it out.

Protein not less than 34%, crude fat not under 20%, fiber not over 2.5%,
no more than 10% moisture, and not less than .20% taurine.

Comes in a pink bag.  Not as good as Bob C. chicken soup, but at least it
has chicken as an ingredient, and as THE heaviest ingredient, and also has
rice flour as the second heaviest ingredient, which is easier for our
ferrets to digest than corn flour..

Still better yet, as I understand it, would be a kibble where the first two
ingredients are poultry and poultry meal, with high protein,high fat, and
low fiber.  Fortunately-this stuff is just a snack for my poop heads.  The
critters outside get the majority of what I buy.  I put in a tupperware
bowl the kibble my guys don't finish eating that day.  There are always
gobs of left overs.

I tried responding to those of you writing me about chicken.  BIG thought
it was not ferrety enough to put on FML.  But yes-I know 98% of our chicken
comes from massive chicken farms where the poor little ones suffer horribly
all their lives and are shot up with antibiotics and hormones that are then
passed on to us or our ferrets.

I am appauled and sickened, and donate to help better their conditions in
the United States.

On the home front:
Ferritopia Water Park reopened this evening.  Donations once again have
been offered at the entrance.  Leaping, snorkling, splashing, and war
dancing abound.Whoopie!!!!

Lisette from Ferritopia Water Park:
Where ferrets are our business,
and the business is our pleasure!