From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 13:47:27 -0800
>I'm not saying that I disagree with everything said about kids and
>fritters, I'm just saying that there are a lot of young and responsible pet
>owners out there...don't count us out, and please don't lump us all into
>hideous catagories.

My son Matthew was a bad kid for a couple of years.  From about 13 to 18 he
was hell to be with.  He ran away from home more than once.  I have 3 other
boys that were fine and they thought Matt was crazy.

Anyway it turned out to be hormones and drugs not hard ones but drugs
nonethe less and we talked to Matt for a long time and got some counseling
and now Matt's my best friend.  That's why when he asked for a ferret I
payed an outrageous sum (remember their illegal in NYC) and told him he's
totally responsible for the animal.  But I did it out of love for Matthew
and recognized he had matured and become more responsible.  Now we're
looking for ferret #2.  But what this person says is the God's own truth:
Age and responsibility and the ability to be owned by an animal don't alway
go hand in hand.  I have seen 13 year olds I trust more than some people of
my own age.  And lets just say that Truman was no stranger to me.

Tom the pharmacist
Mr. Pink? Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?