From:
"Emery, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:07:55 -0400
I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my question about Buddy, who has
been displaying sexual behaviour although he's altered.

I took Buddy to the vet who did a complete work-up including blood and urine
tests and x-rays.  The only clear result was the urinalysis which indicated
that Bud has a urinary tract infection.  This is being treated and he's
eating better and has put on a bit of weight.

The results for the ACTH test were also elevated, although everything else
(including the Cortisol test) was normal.  The vet is concerned about the
return to sexual behaviour and wants to do some more research and to speak
to the people at Guelph about the test results

This was a refreshing change as the vet we intially saw in the office who is
also supposed to know a lot about ferrets didn't see anything strange about
this at all.  When I mentioned his penchant for a certain stuffed alligator
(toy, not the real thing) she suggested I just take it away from him.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond.  Hopefully we'll get
his all sorted out soon.

Judith Emery
with Buddy and Chloe