From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:22:05 EDT
I would like to put my two cents worth in on a couple of things.

First, on Fulvio and his ferret Igor.  My husband's (who I occasionally
refer to here as "Ricky Ricardo") first language is not English.  Anyone
who has studied another language should know that the English language
sentance structure is very different in construction.  I didn't think
Flavio sounded like a ferret abuser.  He sounded very much like Luis
telling me something that happened and what he did.  (Especially after
seeing an incident and Luis then telling me about it..........) Think about
how we would sound to a native speaker if we wrote in another language.
Don't erroneously assume we would come off sounding polished or articulate.

And, I'm sorry, but I too was offended at the description of Marshall's
ferrets.  I have three.  One I bought, the others were rescues.  They
certainly don't fit that descrition and I aquired all three as kits.  Just
a gentle reminder to be a little careful how we phrase things.

Dooks to All.

Catherine, Pato, Snowball, Hubert and Elsie
"Behind The Zion Curtain"