From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:08:18 -0800
I went to pick up my baby girls ashes on Monday. It takes about 15 min
to get there and I almost made it without crying then I turned on Warm
Springs Ave and the water works began afresh. I was worried about the
bill as well. The original fee was supposed to be anywhere from
$350-$600. Then she didn't make it and I know cremation costs $150. I
expected to pick up her ashes and be out of $600 or so dollars and no
live, tumor free, healthy ferret to take home. Well they did give me a
discount. The pre-operative exam was comped as well as the cremation.
My bill came to $251, definitely affordable. So now I have 2 blonde
wood boxes with ferret cremains in them on my mantel. They took a
perfect imprint of her feet in air dried clay. I will be designing a
ferret memorial tattoo to go on my arm but I know I'll need to draw in
negative space for all the other paw prints that will decorate my arm
as my babies pass.

Thanks for the messages everybody.

Kristina Borgstrom