From:
"JEFF JOHNSTON, EPIDEMIOLOGY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 19:22:23 -0400
I am including a partial printout of the description for Waardenburg
syndrome from the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) which is one
of the collateral projects from the Human Genome Project.  OMIM lists
descriptions of every genetic disorder linked to a specific disease or
syndrome in humans.  The info on Waardenburgs should apply to most mammals,
altho the references refer mostly to humans.  I can provide information on
accessing OMIM through the Internet for those interested.  I can also
provide translation of the terms if anyone needs it (some of the terms
won't be in a regular dictionary).
     The following is just a partial printout of the full record. I've
ommitted the human case series and the references.