From:
"FerretCreations)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:37:59 -0800
I've read that some people are afraid to voice their opinion that they
are pro registration.  I find this hard to believe.  I've seen may
offereing their congratulations to the registered group, which they
well deserve.

No one has been abused on flaming for being 'registered' or for being pro
registration.  Flaming is a site for venting, sorting arguments, a site
to go to with grips, so that the 'friendly' sites can remain just that -
friendly.  Droitwich Ferret Welfare.UK posted on friendly ferret uk about
being registered they didn't get flamed at all, quite the opposite.  So
those apparently afraid to voice their agreement about registration have
nothing to fear from what i've seen.

False accusations are always vile.  Some man from the inter-net liked to
post my full name and address on 'friendly' sites and put my phone number
in men's public loo's and phone booths making lewd offers, even though
he'd met my children and knew they'd answer the phone, it was very
shocking for them.- especially for my youngest daughter.  He even joined
'friendly' sites with an Id that used my 'full real name and part of my
address'.  when that didn't work he used Id's similar to my own fairly
unique ID.-SanguineSandy.  I hope no one else suffers in such a way.  The
person who did this to me and my family is often the loudest to shout how
he is emailed abusive emails and picked on in other forums.  Yet never
has produced any evidence.  I don't email him, incase anyone thinks I
retaliate in such a manner, I wouldn't.  I do receive them from him
though but ignore them.

There was a post on several 'friendly' sites recently - The post was
written as if the Droitwich Ferret Welfare.UK had posted it, but it
wasn't from them at all.  How awful for them to be used in such a manner.
The person involved had his post deleted off several sites and his
membership cancelled.  Not because he was pro registration but because
the post attacked other people and other welfares and rescues.  He makes
it a practise of hiding on 'friendly' sites rejoining after being banned,
to take pot shots at the UK welfares and rescues.  Claiming to have the
welfare of ferrets as his main concern.  when if fact, he's actions, show
he's out to destroy them.  Thankfully most of the UK ferret welfares and
charities are coming together, offering each other support and
friendship.  I'm reminded of the pebble thrown into the water; one mans
efforts to destroy being the pebble.  The rest of the ferret community
coming together will hopefully gradually have a more positive result, on
the general public's perception of ferrets and ferret owners

I've only had ferrets since 2002 and if my first show experience had been
before I had ferrets, I probably would never have got any and my husband
assures me it would of put him off the idea for life.(cruel conditions,
no hammocks, lack of food,water, no litter boxes and poo oozing out of
boxes that remained uncleaned, abusive use of the other pets) I've never
smelt anything so bad in my life.  The public were covering their mouths
and noses in horror....and staring to see what was making such an awful
stench, or walking past fast.  Some had to ask what they were, after
being told 'Ferrets' - their version of ferrets now firmly filed under
'disgusting' in their memories.  I've since discovered there are many
more good shows and displays out there, than there are bad examples,
thankfully.

I've just had the last of my 15 ferrets neutered and spayed, they are
recovering well.  Hamlet,Thaddeus and Caleb had some of their tackle
removed yesterday and are a little sore but doing well.  I'm looking
forward to being able to put the group back together as I'm sure they
are missing each other.

pic's of Hamlet, Thaddeus and Caleb can be seen here.
http://groups.msn.com/SanguineScreations03/myferretfriends.msnw

Hugs to those who've lost their ferret angels and other pets recently.  I
do believe in a 'forever'.  One day there will be a happy forever after.

Sandy her hooligans and saboteurs.