Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:25:53 -0500
First, I would like to thank everyone for the many responses I received
regarding bad breath in ferrets.

Her name was Podo.  She was a petite little dark sable, bordering on black.
She was showing signs of adrenal when she first came in, but grew all her
hair back!  She would have been five in March She and her sister entered
out shelter system in November.  They were put in a holding house until
room was available.  They were fairly happy and content.  Codo seemed a
little stressed by the situation, but Podo did pretty good.  .  After a
while, room opened up and the two were transferred here.  I was cautioned
to keep an eye on Codo, she may quit eating.  The opposite happened.  It
happened so quickly that I was caught off guard.  By the time I noticed she
was in pretty bad shape.  We tried everything we could think of to help her
hold on til the vet appointment.  Our efforts were futile.  She went in
her sleep.  She went knowing she was loved by all.  She is survived by her
sister, Codo, who seems to be doing well.  She is eating and drinking.  I
will be trying to "hook" her up with someone after the reports of the post
come back.  I truly do not believe she had anything contagious.  I think
the stress was just too much for her.  She is sorely missed by her Aunt
Cathy, cousin Edward, Uncle Dennis and of course us.  Sleep well, Little
Lady.  Nothing or no-one can hurt you now.

http://www.mkaresq.com