From:
"D.J. and Liz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:02:36 -0500
Hello everyone,

Well finally I have some happy news.  Today I took the little blind cinammon
kit home!!  Last night when my boyfreind came home (the one who claimed to
hate ferrets until he met deaf little Echo) and I told him that the little
girl at the pet store is blind and the first thing he said was "go get
her"!!  I was so shocked!  So today, i had to lie to my boss and say I'll
have money on Monday, (i still haven't paid for Echo) but I won't.  It'll
take me a couple months to pay off my bill, but I just couldn't leave her
there.  She seems very intelligent for a 6 week old blind kit.  She already
knows her way around and she is SSSSSSSOOOO nice!!!

Nobody has sent me any tips or information on living with a blind kit yet.
If any of you have experience please give me ANY advice.  Baby boy seems SO
happy with a new little girl to play with.  I feel good to have "replaced"
(bad choice of word) deaf little Echo with a blind little baby girl.  Things
are finally good for a change.  Let's just hope she doesn't poop on the
floor or my boyfreind will be mad (Echo never missed once!!).

Another thing I noticed...all of the female kits we get have sutures from
being spayed, but this little cinammon and her sister didn't have ANY
sutures!!  Is it possible they weren't spayed?  There isn't even a scar or
anything on her belly!!  I'm going to get a vet to check JUST in case, but
if any of you have an easy way to tell , let me know.

Wish us luck!!

--

Truly,
Liz and D.J.