From:
Ferrets-N-Limbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:31:52 -0800
Hi all.  I just felt that I wanted to put my two cents in here about had
my last two surgeries with her, but she is truely awesome and unique.
The thought of someone sending nasty grams to her sort of burns me.  As
all of you know, it's hard to find a vet experienced in ferrets..  but to
also find one that actually cares, that commits extra time to them, and
that charges (extrememly) fairly... is a rare gift indeed and I will
always be envious of all the lucky ferret owners in and around
Gainsville..

That said.  I also worked in a vet clinic for close to two years.  I saw
great knowledge and experience.  I also watched as that clinic changed
into a greedy one.  They had an advisor come in and totally changed.  I
saw the nickel and diming and the lower standards and lower quality of
care being given.  I supposed my point is that yes- obviously some clinics
may be "bad".  Some vets may "see" ferrets but not actually have the
knowledge or experience.  That doesn't make them bad, just uneducated
and/or unaware.  It is so crucial to call around when looking for a vet
for your fuzzie and ask a lot of questions about ferret care/number
seen/number of surgeries done/vaccines protocol etc.

I have also seen people balme vets as it's easy to do when we are looking
for blame.  Again, there are times when the vet should have sought out
extra help and unfortunately ego may play a role.  But overall, they are
not the evil bad guy and can help us, as individulas and on this list ( I
know I miss Dr. K's posts along with Dr. Williams) trememdously.

Just my personal ( personal i.e. not the shelter's views) two cents.
Thanks for reading and no flames please- after all isn't this board for
opinions?

Love to you all and may your fuzzies war dance all of their days with
you and thereafter- forever.

--
Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.