From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 10:42:15 -0400
Do any of you have ferrets that like to chew on cardboard?  Friday has an
addiction to chewing on cardboard.  It's not even really chewing - she just
seems to enjoy the way it feels to puncture corrugated cardboard with her
teeth.  All the edges of all the boxes look like they've been tenderized.  :)
I've seen her doing it and it doesn't look like it's a result OF anything -
just that she likes it.

Noodle knocked a bunch of stuff off the mantle and the ferrets had a good
round of play before I discovered - a bottle of pred, found punctured,
soggy, and half-empty; a roll of paper towels, emptied and shredded all over
the room *sigh*; and 1cc syringes everywhere.  Nerds.

Easel went to the vet for her coughing problem and the vet thought that her
lymph nodes were too large so we biopsied three.  Fortunately, none were
cancerous - unfortunately, we still don't know what's wrong with her.  She's
on Albon 1x/day, and it seems to be helping.  The vet got stool samples to
test for GI tract bugs and I'll get the results on Monday.  What's most
amazing about this is that not only did the vet promptly call me back with
the lymph node biopsy results, but she called me at 9 am on a Saturday and I
was *already awake*.  Freaky!

Potpie seems to be under the weather.  The vet got some of her poop too.
Hee!

I will soon be getting (I think) a 1 yr old silvermitt female from my mom's
neighbors.  She was a gift to their daughter last xmas, and she's been kept
in the garage in a 2x2x1 wire cage that entire time.  No playtime out or
anything.  The last time I saw her she was quite fat but very friendly and
perky, despite being filthy, so I'm hoping she's still well.  The husband in
the family realized nobody was taking care of the poor thing and asked my
mom to tell me I could have her.  At least he cares about her welfare.  I
don't know her shots history and suspect she doesn't have any.  She will be
up for adoption soon.  Hey, wait, when did I turn into a shelter?  Ugh..
Contact me if you're interested...

alphachi wrote about the risk of decreasing efficiency of HEPA air filters -
I've been very happy with mine so far but will watch for that problem.  The
frequency with which I had asthma attacks dropped 100% when I got that
filter, however.

I'm sitting two ferrets for a friend and the friend has trained them to do
an interesting trick - to jump when they're standing on their hind legs.  :)
Makes giving treats a whole new experience.

Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters