From:
kim humm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:07:56 -0800
i dont know how many of you read my story Ferret Dad Award, about two 1/2
weeks ago (maybe more?), or not, but it was informing the FML about a
compassionate man who runs a rescue shelter, Mr. Elmore, (web site:
http://www.dookieshouse.org/)who i appreciate more then you ll ever know.
he s the one who saved, and gave back my seraph, Button, her life.(*& so
many other lucky ones) you guys wont believe what has happened to me!
not only did i get a healthy Button back/ along with the addition of a
special, shelter girlie, Fuzzy Jumper, but after all that Mr. Elmore has
done,- he has done more!

yesterday i received a big box at my door step.  i didnt open it b/c i
thought it was a Christmas gift (in deed it was!  but not who or what i
was thinking...)from my mother.  i knew she d have a fit if i even looked
at that box.  so later when she arrived home from work, asked me in the
kitchen with a surprised look, who is this from?  i looked at her in, ?
i went ahead, & opened the box.  i paused, knocked for six, at what i
saw.  my facial reactions were like what is going on!  **i am very moved
my this kindness & generosity one can have.  in this package, enclosed
was: a huge (Real ferrets, ...lol.)Play Tube!  2 tubes of Ferret-vite,
ferret drops, 1 lb container of a Nupro ferret supplement, half dozen
of these wonderful edible french fries-(kids love them.  when i open
the package there in, it s everyman for himself out here!  Button goes
wild- ....& maybe a bit aggressive almost, for hers!  she had a hissing
fit when F.J. touched her piece & tried to sneak an extra bite.  of
course i comforted FJ & gave her another part of it w/ a warm cuddle.
she is the softest sweetest baby, always at your toes, or trying to
tickle me w/ Button in my now- b/c of them, cozy bed)-also, along w/ this
was another bottle of Furotone, to help them grow back a more, shinier,
healthy coat!  AND when i looked deeper today, stuck away in one of the
corners of the box-was a very sweet, pair of ferret earrings for me.
how very thoughtful : )  i was definitely & still am, in such shock.  i
cant believe he would do something so benevolence.  it seems all he does
is give, and that s not only in my eyes, every1 that knows him must also
agree.  if you want to help out all the fuzzies, his web page is:
http://www.dookieshouse.org/.

i already got my big, happy, holiday gift-my kids.  so, this is
considered more then icing on top of the cake.  meaning absolutely so
much more to me, then i ever expected.

*it s triple the icing on top-of a-double-layered, cake : ))

note that: this time of year is the time of year your almost required to
give to people.  you give things that don t have meaning, you buy things
for people who expect you to, (or expect too much?  you know what i m
talking about) does that actually give you satisfaction?  something
under-appreciated?  but do*remember, a present is just an excuse saying
sorry for your gift.*... why not give[ yourself] a gift of gratification?
surprise someone who doesn t expect it.  who is greatful -a shelter, such
as the one who saved buttons & Fuzzy Jumpers life & quality, along with
all the other s stories we haven t heard about from this shelter.
http://www.dookieshouse.org/ little gifts are always thought of as BIG,
these kindhearted individuals appreciate every bit of donation or items
you make & send.  do help the furry little community in need instead of
an item, over-priced, that you ll use once, store it somewhere, for a
rainy day & forget about it shortly after.  your gift/donation will
simply make you feel you did som ething important, which you did, -this
will be an inspiring feeling of worth, knowing you, by hand, gave
something really amorous.  that my friends is a fulsome, thought for
a gift.

-thankyou all for listening!!

kimberly, Fuzzy Jumper, & Button!!!