From:
Eric Kauz / Donna Rosinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:01:36 -0400
Hello.  I'm new to this list, although I've been the "parent" to a
delightful ferret for about 4 years now.  Ellie is a wonder-weasel, and has
taught me a lot about animals other than cats or dogs as companions.  I also
had a rabbit, who was a lovely, sweet-tempered critter, but I had to have
her put to sleep because she had a chronic disease (pasturella) that was
killing her.  *sniff* It was not one of life's better moments!

I'm wondering if any ferret enthusiasts get together in the New York City
area?  I'd like to get to know some other owners of ferrets with the
thoughts of becoming friends and offering pet-sitting to and from
knowledgeable people when ferret owners have to go out of town.  I'm going
on vacation soon, and will be leaving Ellie with a friend who doesn't know
anything about ferrets, although I will certainly try to enlighten him, and
I'm quite worried about it all.  Please write to me at [log in to unmask] if
anyone knows of such meetings or is interested in starting a group of some
sort.
DookDook!
Donna Rosinski [log in to unmask]