From:
Donna R Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:51:19 -0500
Hi All FML'er;

Wanted to let everyone know, that after 4 months of "rat tail', it is
history.  I washed Velvets tail(every night for two months) with clean &
clear.  Out of nine ferrets and various rescues, she is the only one
that has kept rat tail this long.  And then upon someone's suggestion, I
treated her for body mites.  Neither thing worked by itself, so I tried
them together and that worked.

I washed her tail(every night with clean & clear and used a soft, child's
tooth brush), then I put a drop of ivermectin(sp?)at the base of her tail.
I followed that regimen every day for about two and one half weeks.
Hallelujah, I noticed tonight that her fur is coming in.  Lots of
beautiful black fur.  She is a black sable.

She has her winter coat every where but on her tail, I sincerely hope that
the tail fur comes in just as thick and soft as the rest of the fur.

I was so excited that I had to share it with everyone else!

Donna(and her nine furry owners)