From:
Jean Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:50:47 -0800
For those in the Wichita area, there are 2 babies currently at the wichita
humane society shelter on K-15.  I saw an add in last Sunday's sports
section yesterdat from the shelter.  They had a picture of a ferret and
stated there were ferrets for adoption.  I called & they said they had 3.  I
went up there that afternoon to check them out.  In fact, they had 4 but
didn't even seem to know there was a 4th one in the back cage.  The cages
were clean & roomy and they had food & fresh water so they were being well
taken care of.  However, all were noted as boys, and yet there was not a
singe boy there!  All 4 were little girls.  I took 1 and another ladie also
adopted one while I was there.  There are 2 left that definately need
someone to love & care for them.  I wish I could have taken them too but I
didn't have enough to get all 3 out.  They appear to be healthy and in good
shape, eyes are bright & shiny, are tattooed (M.F.) and are listed to be
around 3 yrs old (?).  Their coats, however are in poor condition (rough &
dull) so they have probably been fed on cheap cat food.  They are a light or
chocolate sable in color and are absolutely sweet.  I played with them for a
while and cut their toenails, which needed trimmed badly.  They never nipped
and were very cuddly & friendly.

I gave the attendants some information on ferrets (none of them knew
anything about ferrets), told them how to tell if ferrets were boys or girls
(duuu......), and let them know I would spread the word on the babies being
there.  If anyone is looking to add a ferret to their family, these 2 would
be a fine addition to your family.  I asked the attendant if they were on a
"time limit" but she just said there were no plans to put them down at this
time in sort of a vague way.  She wouldn't say how long they would keep them
up for adoption.

Enjoy!
Jean and the house of many critters