From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 14:08:12 -0400
Well as for biters I have a couple.  Michelle mentioned Sam and Lucy, plus I
have Phoebe.  All were very bad biters.  The back round on Lucy and Phoebe
where they just were not taught no bite.  Sam was rescued from the shelter
so I do not no her back round, I think she was abused bad though.  I
personally think you can reform any biter to a point.  All three of my
biters would NEVER bite me, but we have formed a bound and they trust me.
It amazes people to se them kiss, kiss and kiss me.  They are my loves.
Lucy even has a column in our newsletter, because she is such a character
and can get into anything.  Most biters have a reason and with work and
trust you can get a good ferret.  I trust mine totally with me, but they
will never be able to go elsewhere, they are just to scared.  But hey that
is fine with me they keep me on my toes.

Maybe not in all cases, but in many "there are not bad pets, just bad
owners".  It is my personal opinion, we all see things different.
Take care everyone,  Stephanie and the Ferrets Etc. "Bears"