From:
Ryan Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:06:44 -0500
My daughter was badly scratched and bitten over a week ago by a cat and
we had to find the cat.  Luckily we did.  But I had called animal control
because we thought it was a stray and it attacked.  They don't take animals
here, but quarrantine them in their home for 10 or 90 days, respectively,
depending on whether or not they were up on their shots.  I live in VA.  Is
this unusual?  It doesn't seem that here it is a big deal.  Does it depend
on a county or a state?  The owner had papers about shots and so she just
has to keep the cat in for 10 days.  He was obviously healthy and well
cared for.  No one asked me if I wanted the animal tested.  They just said
it needed to be kept inside for the appropriate time so that it was evident
that the animal was healthy.  I was wondering....because if my ferret bit
someone I assume it would be treated as any other house pet.  After this
experience I felt very comfortable with the authorities.

Ryan
The fuzzbrats:   Nino (Gran'ma, when will the sedative wear off?  I feel
so sleeeeeeeeeeeepy!)
Reiko (Don't worry, Nino, now I won't be in danger of having to pay
kit-support)
Fester (You 2 really amaze me....we are low on raisins, and YOUR biggest
worry has been babies!)