From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:25:12 -0800
The ferret house and yard are progressing sloooowly. but should be
pretty good when it is finished. We're thinking about making the floor
w spray-on truck-bed liner. Do any of you think this would be toxic to
them (and me) after it is dried/cured/whatever? It sounds like the
ideal surface to make corner-poopie cleaning easy. There are no seams,
and could be laid down in a way that the corners are rounded.

***!!! HELP !!!***
Somehow (!!!) I have the responsibility of finding something suitable
to say at another wedding ceremony. Can you help me?? Zoo turned me
onto the wonderful Apache Wedding Prayer the last time, and it was such
a success that now I am considered the expert in this. I'll copy the
Apache prayer at the end of this post:

The couple is a man and woman in their 60's. They live in Calif, and if
not for that they probably would have at least a couple of ferrets.
They have lived together for decades and have grown children -- one of
whom was the bride in the couple who used the Apache Wedding Prayer.
The woman is a master chef, and the man is a B&W photographer. They
like books, food, political discourse, and art.

So here is what was used for their daughter's wedding a couple of
months ago. Ideally, the new prayer/speech would be similarly lovely
and rather brief.

     Now you will feel no rain,
     For each of you will be shelter to the other.

     Now you will feel no cold,
     For each of you will be warmth to the other.

     Now there is no more loneliness,
     For each of you will be companion to the other.

     Now you are two bodies,
     But there is one life before you.

     Go now to your dwelling place,
     To enter into the days of your togetherness.
     And may your days be good and long upon the earth.

[A later P.S.]
PART 2

Hello, One and All -- To my surprise (which I guess shd be surprising)
there are many books that give wedding prayers, so my needs aren't as
urgent as I thought. BUT if you have a favorite to pass on to me,
please do!