From:
Mirthful Mayhem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 22:45:05 +0100
Hi there

I've got a friend in Germany who has a friend who has a ferret with Aleutian
disease.  So my friend has asked me to find out if there is any treatment
for the disease.  I've read that there is no specific treatment, only
antibiotics and steroids.  My friend also knows that but thought that there
might be some new treatment or progress in finding a new treatment.

The worst thing is that my friend had her friend's ferrets staying with her
for a few weeks a few weeks ago and now she has to go and have her ferrets
tested for Aleutian disease and is really stressed out as anybody can
imagine.

I haven't found any information on Aleutian disease on the Internet,
doesn't this disease exist in the USA?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Ulrike and the 10 kids

--