From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:42:45 +1200
Ferretguy asked:
>My question to all who read this, Am I a scofflaw, and should I comply?
>or should I fight this tyranny and protect mine and yours rights to own
>ferrets and have friends over to let their ferrets play in my yard and
>still provide the commuity services that we do provide to ferrets and
>people all around Aurora, Colorado?"

To which I would reply:
Depends.  Do you consider government to be your servant, or your master?
What do you deem to be the proper role of government?  Personally I
consider government to be my servant and one of its few legitimate roles
is to protect my rights, not violate them using my stolen (tax) money.  So
I say fight.  But that is easy for me to say sitting as I am on the other
side of the world.  Whatever you decide, I wish you well.

Obligatory Ferret Stuff:
My heart is still pounding.  Last night I had what could very well have
been a serious or even fatal ferret accident.  I have five free roam
ferrets that often follow me around the house, especially to the kitchen
(you know that room where the food is).  Well you know how it is, they jump
up at you, run in front of you and in between your legs and do their best
to trip you up.  Well I am used to this and do the ferret shuffle when I'm
in the house, but I guess last night I wasn't concentrating too hard.  I
got tripped up and I stumbled.  My out of control foot came down with a
thud in the middle of the pack.  I still don't know how I did not stomp on
one of them and am still counting my lucky stars.  I don't know if I could
have lived with myself if I had trodden on one of them.  Shaken I sat on
the floor only to be swamped by five unfazed fuzzies whose only concerns
were is the human going for the pantry?!?  Me thinks my heart will take a
few more days to slow down to its normal rate!!

-David

BTW Ferretguy, it is the same where I live.  I own my property, but I
cannot even cut down a tree without the express permission of local
government.