From:
Troy Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:57:38 +0000
Taz is 7+ yrs old, has insulinoma and adrenal and is obese. He has
ringworm and the topical medications and baths are not working for
him and they seem to make it worse. My understanding is this is a
ferret specific ringworm, not the type dogs get.

I have no idea where it came from, but a few months ago Spawn came down
with it and after a couple vet visits with scraping and culturing it
was diagnosed. We weren't able to clear it up on Spawn (RIP) either.
She had insulinoma and lymphoma and was about 10 yrs old.

Our thoughts are that the steroids are compromising the immune system
making it not able to combat the ringworm on its own. Because of Taz's
age and medical condition, we have only used topicals because our vet
didn't feel comfortable using the tablet because it is hard on the
liver.

Does anyone know of a herbal remedy that is safe for ferrets with
ringworm?

The other ferrets don't have it, but I have 4 others that have
insulinoma, 3 of them are also adrenal.

Thanks.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org