From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 12:19:36 -0500
Hi everybody

NUTRITION ARTICLE
With all of the recent nutrition discussion, I thought that you might be
interested in an article that I read recently.  The article, written by the
Animal Protection Institute is entitled, "What's Really In Pet Food." You
can read it by going to the Natura Pet Food site
(http://www.naturapet.com/); click on the "Ingredients" link, and follow the
link to the "investgative report."

I was pleased to see that this article appears to be well-researched and
balanced in its presentation (the title sounds somewhat sensationalist, but
the article is not).  The article also includes a variety of useful links
including "API Pet food Shopping Guide" and "Buying Commercial Foods-- A
Checklist."

HOT CAR FLYERS
When you're done reading the article, follow the "Other API Publications"
link and check out their nicely produced "Hot Car Flyer." They are bright
red flyers that you can put on the windshield of a car if the owner was
careless enough to leave their dog (or ferret or other animal inside) on a
hot day.  I think these are a great idea!!!  They even have a space on the
back where you can put the name of your shelter or organization (so the dog
owner can send you a nasty letter- just kidding).

Cheers,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
[log in to unmask] (home-preferred) or
[log in to unmask] (work)