Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:55:37 -0400
We've put our ferrets on a carb free soup of rabbit, but they still
get their turkey (carb) kibble while we're at work. We're looking for
suggestions of two things:

1. Carb free feed that would work when we're at work We are giving them
a pure rabbit soup morning and evening. But I don't think it could sit
out for the hours we're gone as their only food source. Was thinking
maybe a canned food, or some other form of carb free food (carb free
ideally, or low carb if not) would work better as a free feed to have
out for them all day and night.

2. Lower carb kibbles to use for free feed when we're not home

We've used Evo in the past, but have heard it caused diarhea issues and
then we stopped when we had a ferret who we think the chicken kibbles
aggravagted his IBD. But now we think a chicken food would be ok,
although we haven't fed it to our two other boys for a long time, so
we're very open to other meats in a low carb kibble. I know there must
be other foods out there with lower carbs that others have had luck
with.

Thank you for any advice or thoughts!

Risa