From:
EL NONIO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 22:25:33 EST
Hi!

It seems like alot of people are concerned about the food to give our
beloved owners.  Well, just today I was looking through the aisles at my
grocery store for cat food that would meet the requirements of our little
friends' exacting demands, and I found something that sounded pretty good.
It's called "Garth Merrick's Beef n' More"

Now, it's manufactured by a local Texas company, so I'm not sure it's
available everywhere.  I looked for the nutrients contents, and compared
them with the brand I currently buy, Vita-Vittles from LM

                LM       B&M

Potein min      32        30
Fat min         10        13
Fiber max        4         1.5
Moisture max    10        10

Then of course, vitamins and minerals, taurine for B&M but NOT in LM.  Of
particoular interest I found the ingredients breakdown: the first source
listed in B&M was beef liver, then brewer's rice, poultry meal, wheat, corn
gluten, animal fat, and animal digest cooked bone.

For LM, the breakdown is Fish meal, poultry meal, ground corn, soybean meal,
animal fat, vegetable oil, vegetable fat.

Well, it sounds like this product will do nicely, and I've started including
it in Fudge's diet, meaning that I'm starting to mix a little bit of the new
stuff with the old. He seems to be taking it alright so far, though it's too
early to conclude either way. Now, the last bit of relevant info:
LM, $12+ tax for 5 pounds
B&M, $4+tax for 3.5 pounds....

Sounds good, doesn't it? Anyway, B&M's number for inquiries:1-800-872-5776.

One last thing: why does everyone seem so intent (to keep it mild) on
raising their ferts' weight?  Seems like they generally are well regulated
as far as what they it, so I'm sure they would also determine for themsleves
what their optimal weight is.  For instance, I bet that since must of our
ferts spend most of their time indoors, in controlled temperature
environments, they have little or less use for winter fat.

Antonio and Fudge