From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:18:37 EDT
I'm very pressed for time, so if this seems abrupt, it's unintentional.

>Recently, I was chatting with someone from New York who has a friend that
>worked at MF.  This person has awful things to say about what he witnessed
>and she is putting him in touch with me to tell me his story.  He left MF
>because he could no longer stand to watch what was going on around him.  I
>eagerly await this information.  Of course, MF will deny any wrong-doing.
>I am curious to see if there are other former employees who will "speak
>up" about the place.

I've had several conversations with "past employees" of MF.  The stories
vary depending on the reasons for the termination of employment.  In other
words; People who left because of a career change,relocation, or other
general reasons, generally speak well of MF.

Others who left on "questionable" terms (one is on this list) have nothing
good to say.

In the end, the message is only as reliable as the messenger.  Double check
everything you hear and search for facts.

>(2) Sell their ferrets with a simple fact sheet.  Even better yet it would
>be more responsible to sell them with a questionnaire "You should/shouldn't
>be a ferret owner if" sort of thing (but that would cut down on profit)

They do.  If someone didn't get the packet that comes when they purchase a
kit, the fault lies with the pet store.

>(3) Sell them a few weeks older (also a profit problem)

I agree wholeheartedly!

>(5) Donate to Vet Colleges for education, research

They do fund research.

Marshal Farms is and will continue to be a hot subject.  On another related
subject; I recently received some literature from PETA that sited "true
cases" of animal abuse (not from MF).  The cases were, in fact, true just
a little old (like 20+years).

SP