From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:31:49 EDT
Well ferret math has struck again! Yesterday a woman and her husband
brought me 2 ferrets. Their daughter had loved them for 4+ years and
then got a boyfriend. The daughter then forgot to feed them, etc,etc.
They used to get exercise but only in the daughter's room. They are
very sweet girls but in terrible shape. The woman wanted $50 for them
and their cage so I gave it to her to get them out of a bad situation.
So it's the same old story....thin, filthy ears, cheap cat food,
horrible fur, rags for bedding, no immunizations and one has bad teeth
and is adrenal for sure. It's time to order more melatonin implants for
my other 3 adrenal kids so what's one more. The 2 ferrets are a bit
dazed right now and I worry that they will be missing their previous
home and caregivers even if they had been forgotten from time to time.
Pootie is an albino and I haven't had one for a while so that is nice.
Leeda (maybe I'm spelling it wrong) is a sable. The names are doing
nothing for me at all so I don't know if I will keep them. I've got
to see if they recognize them before changing them to something else
although my daughters have suggested Lady Leeda and Cutie
Pootie.......I don't know.

Nancy and her 15 again!