Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1993 20:22:57 -0500
Excerpts from FML 629...

> missed something. Anyway...I saw the last batch of babies to the pet store
> here (I am going alot now to see if I can help...even just to play with the

Gee...  :|  You are lucky.  Our local pet store has employee's that think
they "know" ferrets.  I have never found them to particularly knowledgeable.

They sell MF konvenience kits.  Seems they go throught alot of them.  I have
to agree that I also can't seem to figure out where they are going to either.

> Anyway...still no club or shelter here. I'm reading up though. So maybe I'll
> feel confidenmt enough to start one. The store owner is getting to trust me
> now so I imagine he'd give my number out at the time of purchase too. I need
> to learn FAST!

What are you reading?  Can I have the list?

Chris, hope you are doing ok.  I think about the future and wonder how I
will take it when one of ours goes.
They are soooo  cute and personable I can't see how I ever lived without one.

My deepest heart-felt sympathies.

> about Ferrets trying to identify what type he is (ie: Sable? Silver Mitt?
> Sterling?...I know he isn't an Albino).

If he has brown with white socks he is a Silver Mitt.

> Denise wrote in about her furries licking her lotion off, well mine do
> that too.  They love it for some reason.  I accidentally overshot one day
> and some lotion landed on the floor only to be immediately pounced upon
> by  Oshi and Loki.  They ate it before I could get to it.  I read all of
> the ingredients and the only thing I could see might be harmful was the
> abundance of oils and cholesterol.   It didn't seem to harm them and now

That is what they want.  After all what is in Ferretone?
They also like Soap as many of you have noticed.  Ewww!  :p

> second, sir nero the brain dead has the worst breath i've ever
> encountered in a creature.  he had, almost two years ago, a botched
> desenting job and was very ill for about a month, but he's now over 2
> lbs and seemlingly heathly, so does anyone have any idea what would
> cause this?

Do your ferrets eat HARD food?  They need to in order to keep their teeth clean.
That is one thing I like about our fuzzies.  No foul breath!
--
Brian & 'Nessa (watched over by) Priscilla & Herman (carpet sharks)
"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I, alone, possess!"  --Wembley