From:
Joyce Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 22:31:07 -0500
Instead of Windex with ammonia, 2-3 parts water to one part vinegar works
great.

On a related note, we've been playing "Horrors in Cleaning Service".
Dissatisfied with one housecleaner, we tried out another.  The new one was
a chain, and they brought their own cleaners.  No, they didn't hurt the
pets (2 cats & 2 ferrets, who we lock in the finished attic when the
cleaners come).  But they did some damage to our natural cherry bed.  After
having to hire a furniture refinisher to fix the damage caused by splatter
of an unidentified chemical, I told my husband how much worse it could
have been if one of the pets got sick from eating or drinking something
unidentifiable the cleaners had left behind.

Moral: we will now only hire cleaners who tell us what to buy, and store
those cleaners at our house.  At least then we'll have a finite list of
the possible poisons.  And yes, we have child locks an all the cabinets,
and no children!

-- Joyce

--- Joyce Miller, [log in to unmask]