From:
Rita Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:31:55 EST
We all really already know the recommended protein and fat for the foods
we feed our ferrets but that doesnt do much good if the ferrets wont eat
it.  My first "business" of ferrets I fed Iams kitten.  When I obtained
my second "business," after being enlightened to use a mixture, I used
ferret store original, zupreem and a little Iams kitten mixed in.  The
old "business" picked out the Iams and left the rest.  The new "business"
of course ate the mixture no problem.  I should add "business" # 2 is
mainly young ferrets.  "Business" # 1 is now down to 1 ferret (Loopy) and
she is on a chicken gravy.  I have purchased a bag of the new natural
gold for her because of her Insulinoma and am trying her with it.  It
wont do her much good though if I cant get her to eat it which I cant
tell yet.  I have it in her cage for in between chicken gravy.  I dont
think the saying, "they will eat it if they get hungry enough" applies
to ferrets.

Rita B.